My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://blog.mattityahu.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tutoring

Today I began tutoring at the local high school. I thought I was going to be teaching math (I know, who that that was a good idea) but I ended up teaching English. It went really well, most of the kids really wanted to learn. During the breaks, they asked me questions about America and various celebrities (they all were excited to show me they had American music on their cell phones). They also all seem to think that America is magical and that everything that happens there is exciting and fun. I told them that growing up in America, kids think the same thing, that the town they live in is boring and it must be more fun in another one. Usually when I tell Israeli kids that, they don't really believe me, but seemed like they did this time. My Hebrew has really improved; I'm pretty impressed with myself I was able to teach a class in Hebrew by myself.

Now Shoko and I are heading to campus to say goodbye to Rebecca who is going home this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment