My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://blog.mattityahu.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hannah and Ian's visit plus some awful tutoring

Yesterday, Hannah and Ian finally came to the village. I probably should I have told them not to come since I should have done work, but I figured it was alright. Of course they came during the week when it has been raining, so I didn't really get to show them around much, but we had a good time anyway.

I made schnitzel, we drank tea, smoke hookah, played some shesh-besh and Hannah taught us how to play lokchot. Overall it was a pretty great day. Shoko was happy to have visitors too.



Today was less fun. I was teaching at the local school again. The first 2 hours went well. I was tutoring this one kid one-on-one and it was difficult for him, but he was clearly trying to learn. But the second half was awful. I was teaching two girls and they just wouldn't listen to anything. Finally one started doing her work but the other one must have a major case of ADD because she couldn't focus on anything. It took an hour to read 6 3-word sentences. It was just that it took so long, she wouldn't let me help her understand the mistakes she was making. She just wanted to keep going even though she clearly had no idea what was going on. Eventually I erupted at her when she complained she didn't understand and said, I'm sitting here trying to help you and you won't listen to word I'm saying! Of course you don't understand! Ugh. That scared her into sitting still for about 5 minutes.

Hooray, not I can focus on my own work. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment