My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://blog.mattityahu.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Recap

I missed a few days so here goes.

Friday I went over to Andrea's for Shabbat. It was just me, her, Roi (her boyfriend), Sinan (her Turkish friend), Yishai and Loren. Nice and small. It was a lot of fun. I beat Sinan in Israeli Guess Who? and he beat me in shesh-besh. After a while everyone left and Sinan and I stayed up talking about life and politics. It was a good night.

The next day I headed over to the dorms and hung out with Ian for the rest of Shabbat. After Shabbat, we went upstairs and made eggs with some of the new girls, but then I had to head home to get work done.

Yesterday I worked on my paper for my Iran class. But in the middle of the day I walked over to the high school to teach english and was then told they didn't need me. Great communication.

Today is cold and rainy, but that doesn't matter much since I'm spending most of my time inside working. Tutoring today was trying. No one in the class ever wants to sit still or listen. I try being nice and I try being mean. There are brief windows when I get through, but the rest of the time, it feels a lot like I'm talking to a wall. They don't listen and then get frustrated when they don't understand the worksheets. Oy. At least there are a few kids who genuinely seem to want to learn.

Now it's back to work for me while Shoko sleeps in the corner. I wouldn't mind switching lives with him for a little while. Eat, sleep, play, repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment