My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://blog.mattityahu.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Shabbat in Herzliyya Pituach

This Shabbat, I went up north to visit Miryam and her family in Herzliyya Pituach. I took the train up to Tel-Aviv and Miryam and her cousin Gali picked me up and drove me to H"P. It's a really beautiful town and the weather was great so we went to the beach with Miryam's brother, sister and Gali's dog Nara. The water was too cold to go in (at least for me) but it was still a lot of fun. I guess 80 degree winters are the price of global warming, a pity.

Today we hung out at Miryam's and had a great lunch with lots of her family. It was nice to get a few home cooked meals in. Gali and I wanted to play Risk, but no one else did, so we walked around looking for some of her friends. None of them were home, so we came back and by then Ben, Debbie and Yoni were interested in playing. So we played for an hour and a half and on one turn, it was taking Debbie and her cousin forever to decide what to do. So I took a break to daven Maariv. When I got back, they were cleaning up the game. Quitters.

I was then trying to figure out when to head back down south when I got a call from Boaz, who was looking after Shoko. He said that Shoko had followed him to shul in the morning and when he came out, Shoko was gone! I was so scared and angry. So I rushed to catch the next train back to Dimona and luckily, as soon as I got to Beer Sheva, Boaz gave me a call saying he found him. Phew!

Time to chill with the puppy.

1 comment:

  1. Unacceptable! thought you had higher standards for your dogsitters!!!

    ReplyDelete