My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://blog.mattityahu.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday

Today was the last day of class shopping. We have a week to check out all the classes before we decide and register. I had International Conflict Resolution. It was really interesting and I think I'm going to take it instead of the Ottoman class. I was thinking about not taking it so I could have Sundays off, but it's a class I'd really like to take and I guess I really should be more concerned about what I'm learning than my schedule. So instead I'll have Tuesday's off to catch up on readings and do more volunteering.

As part of the class we have to make a group presentation on an aspect of the Israeli-Arab conflict, so Yoni, Loren, Andrea and I are examining the trade between Israel and the Arab states. I know what you're thinking, "Matt doing something that has to do with business and economics?" I know. I was surprised too. But I think it'll be interesting and we're planning on interviewing a few professors on camera and making a short documentary. So then it'll be my time to shine. Who cares if I didn't understand a word of what they were saying, at least I can make it look pretty. Go art school!

After some time reading articles for Geography under some palm trees and in the library, it was time to head home. I got my bus card today so now instead of us having our own personal van, we can just take the bus for free. It's pretty cool. I can ride the bus in Dimona, Beer Sheva and in between the two for Free! I plan on taking full advantage of that and lording it over all the other foreign kids. And yes, that is all it takes to be really cool here. You can see why I like it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment