My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://blog.mattityahu.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Kibbutz Ketura Shabbat


This Shabbat we went down to Kibbutz Keturah. It's a kibbutz that was found in the 70s by Americans who stayed in Israel after Young Judea Year-Course and most of the members still have really thick American accents. We stayed there for 3 weeks when we came on Neshama back in 2004. It's exactly the same.

So Friday morning I woke up at 5 am so I could take the bus to Be'er Sheva and get on our bus before it left at 7:15. Of course, later on I realized that I could have just asked them to pick me up at the Dimona Junction on the way down. Hooray Planning!

Anyway, we went down to the Ada Canyon and did a really nice hike and I got some sun.



Here's Andrea climbing up the canyon.




We saw this along the path it reads in Hebrew "Gilad Shalit is Still Alive." It's nice that no matter where you go, you can see his name and know he isn't forgotten.




Here I am posing gracefully.






Then we went over to these really cool sand dunes.



Yishai walking in the desert like our ancestors.




Avi let the guys bury her in sand. Bad move.




This is me jumping over Hannah.




More jumping.


We then got to Ketura and took a tour around. Shabbat services were really nice. They had a traditional egalitarian minyan that was just like davening back home. Yishai got a kick out of dancing with girls during a service. There was a group of 8th graders there from a Schechter in Dallas who asked us "where y'all from?" Adorable. Plus, Elana asked their 25 year-old group leader if she was in 8th grade too. Adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment