My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://blog.mattityahu.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pre-Spain Shabbat

This was a really quiet Shabbat. Most people in the village were away or at home so Boaz and I made our own dinner. Shoko took me on a few walks in Dimona. I don't usually take him on walks because he is outside most of the time anyway, but I think I'm going to start doing it more often. It very relaxing and gives me time to think. When we got back from the first walk, I grabbed a book and took a seat outside, looking off into the darkness of the desert. Shoko sat next to me for a little while and then went off to try and catch the moths flying around the lamps.

Today I slept pretty late (finally caught up from all the allnighters I've been pulling). Most of the day I was reading, either inside or outside.

At one point, I was in my room and Shoko started barking like crazy in the living room. He saw 3 Bedouin on horseback coming into the village.

So I put down Samuel Huntington's "Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order," and went outside to say hi.

"Shalom Aleichem," they said.

"Wa'Aleykum Salaam." I responded.

They said they were friend with Udi, one of the managers of the village. He wasn't around, so I gave them some water and we spoke for a little bit. Then they watered their horses and rode off. I love living here.

Now I'm just trying to get everything in order before I head to Spain. We're taking a bus up to the airport from Be'er Sheva at 1:30 am and there a just a few things I'm trying to take care of before I go. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures, so next post will have more of me and less of Shoko.

No comments:

Post a Comment