My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://blog.mattityahu.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Arabic Down, Benny to Go

This Shabbat wasn't the most relaxing. A few people stayed in the village and we had a really nice communal dinner. That night, I took Shoko out for a long walk in the city. But Saturday, after lunch, it was all business. Orr and I sat down to go over more Arabic in a bid to prepare ourselves for the final.

I woke up early and took the bus to campus to get some more studying in before the test. In the end, it wasn't too bad. I'm just glad it's over now.

It has been taking me a little longer than I thought it would to translate my documents from the archives, so I was able to get an extension on my paper for Benny Morris' class. So that means that the next few days are going to be a little crazy, with sleepless nights spent around the computer, hugging a dictionary, trying to figure out if I'm getting the right translation or if what they're saying is code (for the record "bird" is not a good code name for airplane! I thought the Haganah was smarter than that. Although, from what I've been reading, the Palestinians barely had the capabilities to defend themselves, let alone intercept communications.)

Back to work. Here's some pictures of my study buddy:



No comments:

Post a Comment