My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://blog.mattityahu.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday in the Village

I don't have class on Mondays so I stayed in Dimona today. It was very relaxing. Someone found one of Shoko's brothers, so now they get to play together. It's very cute. It is not, however, conducive to getting work done.

I got to read more of my book for Benny Morris' class, which is turning out to be really interesting. It's called "A Squalid, Senseless War," by Norman Rose of Hebrew U. It chronicles the events leading up to and including the Israeli War of Independence. Morris recommended that I read it, but I was a little reluctant because I have already read a lot about that war. But this has a lot of information on events that I hadn't previously read about, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

I've also been finishing up some work for David Newman for a conference that's going on next year. I'm meeting with him tomorrow to discuss it.

I was also supposed to start volunteering today in Dimona but at the very last minute (I was already on my way over to the school) I got a call from Udi saying it was canceled. But it sounds like I'm going to be helping teach English. I think I can handle that.

Now, here are some more Shoko pictures:



This is Shoko relaxing on my BGU bag that has become the Shoko transporter.





Shoko in a box.



Here's Shoko playing with my blueberry bush outside my house.

1 comment:

  1. skip the commentary!! I just want more Shoko pictures!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete