My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://blog.mattityahu.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day Off

Since Flori and Josh are coming to Be'er Sheva tonight and Mom and Dad are coming tomorrow, I decided to take the day off to get things done before they arrive. So for most of the day I have been sitting outside, in the sun, on the edge of the desert, reading about the Zionist resistance to the British in the 40's. Good times. This is even better because the village has become somewhat of a mini-zoo. Shoko is playing with his brother, Katanchik (another dog) periodically walks by and sniffs, and Ganja and her two kittens - Ziggy and Marley - sneak past to drink Shoko's water. This makes for slow reading.

I also just got an email from the head of the village updating us on the situation with Egged (the main Israeli bus company). We have been lobbying Egged to extend it's lines to our village and other students in Dimona, to increase accessibility for the elderly and disabled and increase the frequency of the bus lines to the distant neighborhoods in Dimona. Hooray for Israeli Activism! And in that vein, we are setting up a protest tent in front of the Egged offices. Too bad I won't be able to go since I'll be in Be'er Sheva with my family. I guess I'll cope somehow.

In deference to Zach Stern, here is the Shoko Show:









1 comment: