My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://blog.mattityahu.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Stomach Virus and Shabbat

After getting me week off to a great start on Sunday, I woke up at 6am on Monday with a terrible stomach virus that kept me out of commission all week. This meant no giving my presentation in geography, no cool trip to Jerusalem with my Conflict Resolution class and no visiting David in Jerusalem for Shavuot. I hate getting sick.

The only positive thing to happen during the week was that someone dropped off 3 puppies in the village on Monday. In between naps, I stepped outside and found them on my porch. Shoko was very happy to have some new friends. He looked after them during the day and even woke me up when one of them got stuck under the deck. We found a home for 1 of them and brought the other 3 to a local shelter; Shoko was very upset when we took them away.





This Shabbat I stayed in Dimona. We had a small Shabbat dinner in the Moadon and I finally had enough of an appetite to eat a full meal, or at least closer to one than I had been all week. After dinner Mor came with me and Shoko on our Shabbat walk around the city and we compared break-up stories. Always a fun topic.

Today Mor and I had a little lunch and then we hung out for a while. She studied for a biology test and I re-read "Palestinian Identity." After I had had about enough, I grabbed Shoko and we went off on a little trek in the desert. We climbed some dunes, walked through some rivers (read: dry riverbeds) and braved the surprisingly strong desert winds.

Now that Shabbat is over, I have to get to work. My Oil Politics Mini-Course starts tomorrow. I hope it's interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment