My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://blog.mattityahu.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Shoko let me sleep in today. It was nice of him, but I wish he woke me up and took me for a run. There's always tomorrow I guess.

When I got to campus, I walked to building 90 where we usually have our Geography class. But when I got there, the first floor was packed. Apparently today is a huge science fair where lots of students were showing off their robots, weather machines and so on. There was a snack table in our classroom, so I snuck in a grabbed a free sandwich before calling Loren to see where we were actually having class today.

We had class in the little conference room on the Middle East Studies floor. It was pretty cramped. We talked about labor migration and how it "worked" in Israel. It amazes me that labor migration is still acceptable. It's difficult to find an example of it being employed successfully. It dehumanizes workers and puts them in impossible situations.

After class I rushed back to Dimona. Today at the Youth Center, I helped a girl in English. We read the beginning of "The Wizard of Oz." It was fun translating it into Hebrew. I couldn't believe she had never seen the movie or heard the story before. Though I must admit it was funny hearing the words "scarecrow" and "munchkins" in an Israeli accent.

Here's Shoko taking a nap in a very convenient place.

Here he is watching me work from a comfortable spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment