My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://blog.mattityahu.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Last Day in Israel

Well this is it. My final day in Israel. No time for last minute trips, just packing. I got up and started taking everything down and putting them in my bags. I took everything out from underneath my bed and Shoko ran under. I think he knows something's up.


Udi came by and we went to the bank to sort out my account. When that was all done we came back and I kept on packing. Mor came by to help and Shugi stopped by for a little too. I'm still working on getting everything in. Who'd have thought that packing up everything for a year would be so difficult? This is what my caravan looks like right now:




While I was packing, I looked outside and saw Daniel, Afiq and Dina harvesting some passionfruit.

The kids who come to hang out here already picked the ones growing on my caravan so I never got to have any.
Of course they picked them too early and just threw them on the ground. I was waiting so long for them to ripen! Get those kids off my lawn!

I decided to do some laundry so that I could fold up the clothes and have them take less room. They're outside drying now and it shouldn't take too long, it's really hot out.

I took a break to put on tefillin and daven Mincha. I hadn't lain tefillin in months and I'm glad I got to do so once more before I left. It's weird, before I came here, I put them on almost everyday, but once I got here, I stopped. I think that in the States I feel more of a need to assert my Jewishness, something that isn't really necessary here. I guess we'll see what happens once I get back.

Soon Orr will get back with her car and we'll start loading it up with all my stuff and make the trek up to Tel-Aviv and then the much longer flight to Newark.

Jersey here I come

No comments:

Post a Comment