My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://blog.mattityahu.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday

Today I did more math tutoring. I was supposed to help with English, but when I got to the school, there was no class and apparently no one thought they needed to call me and let me know. So instead I helped out with on of the math classes. It was even worse that usual. They were all over the place and I don't really like it when I yell more than I teach. It seems so sisyphean because I can't see any of these kids passing their Bagrut at the end of High School. But I guess there's nothing else I can do except keep on teaching.

When I got back I finished my presentation for Palestinian Society class about an article examining the 1911 Haram ash-Sharif Incident. It is a wonderful incident of Palestinian overreaction and gullibility, complete with accusations of desecration and rumors of a massacre. Fun stuff. Now I can enjoy Yom HaAtzmaut without that hanging over my head.

Boaz found a nice chair on the street, so we went a brought it back. When we got here, Mor stopped by with some shakshuka. It was delicious. Then we ran outside to find some camels just passing through the front of the village. I couldn't see their bedouin, but I'm sure they weren't far away. Shoko stood guard and made sure the camels didn't come too close.

Now I'm off to Be'er Sheva for Anwar and Colby's birthday parties. Woo!











No comments:

Post a Comment