My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://blog.mattityahu.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Future Brother-In-Law-In-Law Comes to Visit

This weekend, David Pressman - Josh's brother - came down to Dimona to visit. He's studying right now at a Yeshiva in Jerusalem and this gave him a nice excuse to see some more of the country.

He got in on Thursday night. Two Israelis who are doing the Israel National Trail also came by, so the 4 of us had some of my home-made (kinda) kabobs for dinner. We then headed over to the Moadon for pub-night. We got a hookah and beers and hung out. This was really the first time we've gotten to talk so we had a lot to cover. I think Dave enjoyed hearing the random Israeli 80s music.

On Friday we went for a little hike out in the desert. So we grabbed shoko and walked out back and ended up exploring this huge cave. Pretty cool. Then went into town to see what Dimona has to offer. We walked around the city center for a little (there's not really so much to see) and got some pizza in the same place I took the family to in November. We got some challah and cakes for Shabbat and came back to the village to get ready. We cleaned the caravan and then went to shul. It was Dave's first time at a Moroccan synagogue and I think he liked it. We then had a big dinner in the Moadon and Dave finally got to listen to some Hebrew conversations (Jerusalem is full of Anglos). After dinner we took a walk with Shoko around Dimona.

On Shabbat Dave and I took another hike out into the desert. He wanted to walk out farther to pet some camels, but I didn't think the bedouin would be so happy about that, so we just watched from where we were. When we got back, we had a big lunch with everyone. I played Dave a few times in chess. He won. But he did say that I was getting better towards the end. The local kids came by on their own again. Avichai asked them where their mother was and they said she was at home resting. How nice for her. Then two guys on horseback rode in. I thought they were Arab, but one of them was a Black Hebrew and I think the other was just Mizrahi. I'm glad they came by when Dave was here so he could really get the whole Dimona experience. Shoko had fun playing with their dog. Boaz found Dave a bus that went directly to Jerusalem. So I walked him to that bus and then I went to the central station to grab one to Be'er Sheva. Erin was letting me sleep on her floor since I had an early morning meeting today (Sunday). So when I got in I joined her at Dan's for poker night. After I lost we ran into Zafrani and smoked some hookah with him before calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment