My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://blog.mattityahu.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 28, 2009

A New Post?

It's been a while since my last post. Instead of trying to cover everything that's happened, I'm just going to pretend I haven't stopped writing for two weeks.

This Shabbat was really nice. I stayed in Dimona and went to dinner at the other student "village" here. It's less of a village and more of a bunch of students living in the same apartment building. They don't have my view of the desert or way cool caravans. But it was still really fun with lots of singing and good food. After diner a few of us went to Avishag's apartments there and we played the card game Mao. I learned how to play from Orrie the kids in Orrie's youth group when I helped him on an overnight. It was confusing enough in English, so it wasn't so easy in Hebrew. But it was still fun.

Shoko woke me up for Shul the next morning but he didn't really want me to go. He followed me out of the village 3 times, so in the end I put him back in the caravan, which was good because he's going to have to learn to be inside by himself for when he comes back to the States.

I had lunch at Ahik and Shira's with Reut and Shany, which was also really nice. Shoko came too.

I stayed in on Saturday night to get some work done and I got an email saying my class the next day was canceled. So I was able to take it easy and then on Sunday I slept, got more work done and sent in two more applications. Now I just have one and a half left!

Today was my volunteer day in Dimona. We organized some group-building activities for our kids that actually went pretty well. I'm also going to start tutoring in English regularly. I'm supposed to teach one kid, but these two other kids asked the teacher if I could tutor them too. Apparently it's pretty cool to be an American. They asked me to teach them some slang. It was funny because the work in Hebrew for slang is just slang with an Israeli accent, but they asked me if I knew what the word meant.

Now for good measure, here are some pictures of Shoko:



Here's Shoko taking a nap on my bed.





Here is Shoko playing with his buddy Katanchik.

No comments:

Post a Comment