My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://blog.mattityahu.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hanukkah and Flori's Pictures

Hanukkah began Friday night and Boaz and I lit candles together before we all went to shul. There weren't so many people at the village this weekend so we had a smaller dinner together in the Moadon. Shoko spent most of the time either sleeping on couch or running around trying to play with everyone at once.

Shabbat was very low key. I got lots of reading done, took a long walk with Shoko and got some sleep. After Shabbat, Ahik helped me bring his old dog house to my caravan for Shoko. It was really heavy and it ended up taking about 6 of us to get it all the way there. But Shoko seems to really like it and now I don't have to worry as much if it rains and he is outside.

After we finally got Shoko's house in place, I sat to get some major work done on my applications, the first of which are due on Tuesday. I'm on track to have everything ready on time, I just wish there was a common application like for college. Oh well.

Today the village ran another big Hanukkah party at one of the local schools, but this one was for the whole community. I was in charge of the prize booth where I was in charge of exchanging game tickets for crappy prizes. Remember going to the arcade, playing games for hours, getting dozens of tickets and thinking you would get an awesome prize only to have some jerk tell you that you had just enough for some small plastic thing that broke on the way home? I was that jerk. Towards the end I tried to hand out some prizes to kids who didn't have enough tickets, but it was really awful having to tell a 6 year old that even though he had been playing games for hours, he didn't have nearly enough tickets for the police car.

Here are some pictures Flori posted from when she, Josh and my parents came to visit:


Me in front of the sign for my village


Me, Flori and Shoko


Me and Shoko


Me and Flori in the middle of nowhere/my village


My coffee bar in Jerusalem


Shoko playing with his koofi/monkey that Flori and Josh brought for him


Me and newly-engaged people

No comments:

Post a Comment